Monday, March 18, 2019

Slice of Life Day 18: green pancakes


I'll do anything to get through a Monday.

Today's coping mechanism was quite festive. Last Friday, we decided to each bring in a few ingredients in order to make post St. Paddy's day green pancakes and waffles in the break room. We had fun toppings and invited the people from the labs to come and eat with us. Nobody mentioned anything with the word "whiskey" in it (thank god) and I think everyone's spirits were raised significantly by the copious amount of sugar and artificial food coloring coursing through their systems. I know mine were.

I'm very grateful to work in a place that lets us do these kinds of things without recourse. The only thing my boss said when she found us was to make sure she got a plate before they were all gone. Total. Fucking. Badass. Let's ignore the part where we all had an afternoon sugar crash and would have traded in our grandmothers for a shot at a 20 minute nap. Instead I'll focus on the fun little blip of enjoyment we had this morning on an otherwise totally routine Monday work day. You gotta get your thrills where you can find em, folks.

2 comments: