Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Slice of Life Day 10: Closing Night


Wow, what a ride it's been. I think I've experienced every emotion there is to be had during this process. Eager anticipation and sheer terror were present most often, but I did not expect how much release and joy would follow. Every performance I felt further away from the existential dread and depression that inspired this journey. Better than any drug, better than any therapy, better than any orgasm- theater gets all of my juices flowing in the directions that make me feel like the best version of myself. Working with such a wonderful group of people (not just my cast mate and director but the entire company) played a huge role in making it such a wonderful experience. This was truly one of the highlights of my life. But oh no, it's closing night! What now?

Don't worry, we have a new theme for the next play festival: Fire! Muahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm writing another script to submit to the spring selection committee. I've already got an idea, but just like last time, I'm being met with a lot of blank stares. Hopefully throughout our five week workshop (any many rewrites) I can mash together something with enough potential to entice a director to lead me towards success. The learning process is real and those who have helped me continue to be integral towards putting together a stage-worthy show.

Apologies for the late post on this entry, our cast party ended up closing the bar next and door and continued into the wee hours of the night so I was not able to step away for blogging. Hopefully after this brief catch up, I can continue to post daily. Thank you for sticking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment