Thursday, March 14, 2019

Slice of Life Day 14: how do I brag about my friends without being a jerk about it?


You think I'm too embarrassed to have this mug at work? You thought wrong. I'm rocking this puppy until it disintegrates from use. The only thing that would replace this as my permanent drinking vessel were if Anderson Cooper himself agreed to feed me my morning coffee by pouring liquid directly from his mouth into mine like a little baby bird receiving nourishment from its mother. And even then I still wouldn't give up this mug. I would just cradle it to my chest and pledge my undying fealty to its continued safety and happiness and light anyone on fire that got to near to it. Did that fantasy go a bit too far? Oh well, I like it.

And its not even about the mug. Guys, I have the coolest friends. Like, seriously. I can't even begin to express my gratitude for the support they've shown me through all my myriad creative adventures and harebrained schemes or nuclear meltdowns. I told them I was going to be a playwright. They were like, "have you done that before?" I was like, "nope" they were like, "okay rad, you're going to kill it!" and there was every possibility in the world that I wasn't. But you know what nobody said? "Are you sure you want to do that?", "there will be people way better than you submitting scripts, you might not make it in", "ha, you are in way over your head". And fuck me, that is such a beautiful thing.

They lift my spirits, they celebrate with me, they laugh with me, they cry with me, they visit me, they let me hold their kids, they try new things with me, we go on adventures together, we share our hopes and dreams, we play together. It's difficult for me to express what a huge impact my friends have on my life and I just pray every day that I can make them feel just as loved in return and that hopefully they will decide to stick around for a while longer. So thank you dear friends (old and new) for being the glowing light in my life. Without you I am your average crazy lady holding a mug, drinking coffee directly from Anderson Cooper's mouth (which doesn't suck) but in this version, I bought the mug for myself and I am way less happy and glowy about it. So let's stick to the first version, shall we?

3 comments:

  1. At dinner I officially lied about my favorite part of the day...because I hadn't seen this post...because this is 100% my favorite part of the day. You are the worlds sexiest playwright btw!

    ReplyDelete