Tuesday, July 9, 2019

no social media day 9: making music


It's weird to be living my dream. Is weird the right word? It's different than I thought it would be. It's a lot more rehearsing and a lot less performing. I used to lie in bed at night imagining that someday I would be the lead singer of a band. Well the band wasn't really important, just the singing. Sometimes I was the star of a Broadway musical but mostly it was with a band. I fantasized about that for years. Somewhere between voice lessons, music theory classes, and a whole lot of karaoke, I actually ended up doing it. It's pretty cool. I mean it's work, but it's worth it. (Is that what people mean when they talk about marriage and kids? Huh.)

And okay we play at dive bars and crowds of like 30 people at best but gosh dang it that's good enough for me. And on top of that, I get to drum for the Vagilantes (call me Trash Kitty), and Family Band will even let me strum my guitar with them every once in a while. I take it for granted sometimes but it's pretty fucking cool. I'll complain about rehearsing or post to our social media instead of giving our practices my full attention (social media freeze is helping me with that one) but omg you guys I'm living my dream! This is it! This is what I wanted when I was a kid! And today I'm counting my lucky stars... and not going on Facebook or Instagram or YouTube. Even though I really want to. But I'm not going to do it.

I think I'm tying this back to the whole "visualization" thing. There are various levels of ethereal spins you can put on it but the basic idea is if you want to become something, you have to envision it first. Sometimes that's the hardest part. How do you even know what to envision? X-ray vision? A doctorate? Six extra inches of height? Hmm this is reminding me of an excellent YouTube video (which I won't watch) but I will link below. The moral of today's story is that if you want to be it you have to envision it first. How to actually make that vision happen is up to you and the fates.

Okay I can't embed it so just follow the link if you want a chuckle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKwON5JcAv0

4 comments:

  1. right?! I feel the same way! I think the moral of the story is dream big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you have found and are able to follow your bliss! You have worked very hard to make your dream a reality. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. เกมสล็อต เล่นเกมสล็อตฟรี ไม่มีคุณค่าใช่จ่ายสำหรับในการเล่น ทดสอบเล่นสล็อต พีจี ฟรีได้เงินจริง โดยเว็บไซต์ ของพวกเรา เล่นสล็อต ทดสอบเล่นฟรี ได้เงินจริงจำต้องเว็บไซต์พวกเรา

    ReplyDelete
  4. สล็อต pg ดีที่สุดเกมออนไลน์ PG SLOT สล็อตบนโทรศัพท์เคลื่อนที่ แบบใหม่ตอนนี้ ของโลก สมัครเล่น SLOT วันนี้รับโบนัส แรกเข้า 100% ในทันทีทันใด โบนัส 50% สำหรับสมาชิกใหม่

    ReplyDelete