Friday, July 5, 2019

no social media day 5: I'm not bad at everything




Just finished a Vagilantes show. I play drums in that band. And not like well, but I'm trying. My wrist kept giving out during the show which made our set sound like it was limping along rather than cruising or rocking or gliding. It was not good. They were great. I was not great. I'm trying to deal with that.

Normally I'd lose myself in social media right about now. Actually I would have been on it the entire night but instead I remained in the moment (except for texting people about earthquakes). And now I don't have it to distract myself. Full force dealing with this shit.

My anxiety likes to grab at opportunities like this. It says oh you did one little thing that makes you feel less than proud? Well guess what, here's everything else in your life that you're not doing super great at right now, too. I'm not buying into it. It's a choice to listen to it. I tried to "get curious" instead. Well look at these emotions, Fear? Shame? Guilt? Well I'm going to go get a burger and write about these interesting feelings popping into my head. 

This feels much better than going down that rabbit hole. I've been down there. It's not pleasant nor productive nor conducive to change. I heard a quote today that really stuck with me, "humans aren't wired to be happy, we're wired to reproduce". Well you know what? I'm okay with not being happy, but I'll be content with a nutritious meal and a whiskey soda and the freedom to do all of this while writing in my blog. Thank you universe, you have been very good to me.

4 comments:

  1. I like that "get curious". It takes you to a higher perspective. It's all an adventure in discovering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job feeding the white wolf. Before long she'll be bigger and stronger than the black one that feeds on our self destructive thoughts and actions. I hope the burger was very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I like the wolf imagery. Yeah it was pretty good they do a zucchini veggie burger that I like.

      Delete
  3. เฮง เฮง 888 สล็อต เว็บตรง มาแรง การเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์กำลังเป็นที่นิยมอย่างต่อเนื่องในวงการเกมโอนไลน์ pg โดยเฉพาะเมื่อมีเว็บไซต์ที่เปิดให้บริการโดยตรงที่มีชื่อเสียงและมีความน่าเชื่อถือ

    ReplyDelete