Saturday, July 6, 2019

No social media day 6: on to the next thing



I've got an addictive personality, it seems. No social media and I'm suddenly back to reading ungodly amounts of YA fantasy. I was right when I said that I used to read a lot more when I wasn't on social  wish media. I wish I was reading Faust or Steinbeck or something instead of this trite garbage. The problem is I like it too much so I'll have to at least finish this one. And maybe the sequel. We'll see.

Meanwhile I'm still fighting myself from taking chapter breaks to see what's been going on with Facebook in the last 30 minutes since I've been in Prythian. Some day I'll be writing symphonies instead of whiling away the hours with my passing fancies.

This is a picture that I took while on a walk today. Reading and eating and walking. Honestly this day was pretty awesome. I'll become more impressive another day. Or maybe not. This is a pretty cool way to live, too. We'll see.

10 comments:

  1. :) Who doesn't need more pretty awesome days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play musical instruments and listen to audiobooks before I got sucked into internet based media, not so much social media as Netflix... I had a lot of star trek to catch up on, but I've watched everything meaningful now and am stuck on reruns and not playing instruments or doing art or listening to "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" or anything. I should do something about that... oh I got an X-Box... so distracting, worse than Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude. There are so many damn distractions. I have not figured out how to keep away from them, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. I think the authors of those books would be glad that they provided entertain and brought you joy. Who cares what you're reading as long as you enjoy it then read on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I wasn't implying that all YA fantasy is trite garbage, just this particular series that I'm reading. Good feminist themes though.

      Delete
  4. Agree with mammamapes and think you are being to hard on yourself! I think physical reading of any kind is waaay better than social media, withought social media I used to read ungodly amounts but my mind would be full of creativity and somehow I still had lots of time for other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading definitely engages my mind in a way that social media does not. You guys are right.

      Delete
    2. Also I wasn't implying that all YA fantasy is trite garbage, just this particular series that I'm reading. Good feminist themes though.

      Delete
  5. pg bonus slot99 เครดิตฟรี เว็บไซต์นี้มีนโยบายการให้โบนัสที่มั่นคงและทันสมัย เพื่อรับโบนัสหรือเครดิตฟรี pg slot ผู้เล่นสามารถทำการลงทะเบียนและสมัครสมาชิกกับเว็บไซต์ได้อย่างง่ายดาย

    ReplyDelete